Patan is located 7 km away from Kathmandu . This city has many 15th to 17th century, Hindu and Buddhist, monuments built during the Malla dynasty. The most important area with many monuments is the Patan Durbar square.
The important places in Patan are:
• The golden gate and golden windows of the old palace.
• The famous Krishna temple with 21 golden pinnacles.
• The royal bath with many carvings on stone.
• The Royal Taleju Temple .
• Vishwanath Temple .
• Char naran temple, which is among the finest examples of unique craftsmanship on wood.
• The temple of Bhimsen with a magnificent golden balcony over looking the square.